Thursday, 25 June 2009

Whangarei far, far away

Whangarei far, far away

This is the view from our verandah looking towards Whangarei, which is just beyond the plume of smoke in the distance. We live approximately 27kms away from the city but both myself and my husband travel in five days a week to work (a journey of 30 minutes) and we travel in on Saturdays for sport and to run weekly errands (supermarket shopping, yawn...)

At night the lights of the city twinkle and sparkle like a string of Christmas lights - a photo I should try to capture (with the aid of a long shutter speed and a tripod!)

3 comments:

  1. Great shot! And I can't wait for the night shot!

    Which direction do you live from the city?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...here's another one where I want a beautiful check box! what a stunning place you live in. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bettyl - Thanks, I'm waiting for a clear night to get the best possible shot. I live southwest of Whangarei, in an area called Mangapai.

    titc - thanks!

    ReplyDelete